Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dick Cheney War Crimes

·

Today Dick Cheney admitted to committing war crimes (water boarding - a form of torture)

According to US CODE: Title 18,2441. War Crimes, Dick Cheney should face life in prison:

Offense.— Whoever, whether inside or outside the United States, commits a war crime, in any of the circumstances described in subsection (b), shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for life or any term of years, or both, and if death results to the victim, shall also be subject to the penalty of death.

So I thought, "Well I will just sue Cheney." Makes sense to me, right? So I got online and looked for a way to sue Dick Cheney which led me to read about the International Criminal Court. I got exited when I read that about persecuting "individuals for genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression."

Problem?

The U.S. does NOT belong to the International Court and the court only has jurisdiction within its member nations - which include the rest of North and South America, Oceania, Europe, and most of Africa. How is it that the U.S. is not on this list? This is the country that, within Dick Cheney's lifetime, hanged people for water boarding. What happened to our standing in the world, when did America loose its morals?

0 comments:

Save Darfur - Be Involved

Expedia.com